created over fifteen years ago and are full of mature fish.
Supporting a rich variety of wildlife
Fishing in Fair Farm
Fair Farm Hideaway is situated around two well established coarse fishing lakes designed to support the rich variety of wildlife on site. They were created over fifteen years ago and are full of mature fish. The deep water lakes contain a range of fish including Carp, Tench, Chub, and Rudd.
The lakes are now for the exclusive use of the Shepherd hut residents. Guests can purchase £5 day tickets for the sole use of the private well stocked fishing lakes on arrival. Please ensure that you have an up-to-date fishing license obtainable from your local post office or from www.gov.uk
Please make sure to bring your own fishing gear with you as we do not keep any on site. Our Swaledale and Jacob shepherd huts are the closest to the lake.
Swimming in our lakes is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply will result in ejection from the site without reimbursement.
- The use of keepnets is prohibited
- Barbless hooks only
- No bait boats
- Maximum of 2 rods per person
- All tackle must be drawn from the water if unattended
- Please be considerate when using buzzers, please turn the sound down as noise travels
- Strictly no night fishing
- Please dispose of all litter i.e. cans, bottles, cigarette butts in the bins provided. Do not leave around or throw into the lake
- Please put discarded line and hooks in the bins provided or take them home
- Unused bait to be put in the bin or to be taken home. Please do not dump in or near the lake
- No swimming, fires or radios
- Please treat the fish with respect
- Do not throw or drop the fish back into the water