This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We are fully committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- any other information that you choose to send to us
We may use your personal information to:
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- supply to you services purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- deal with enquiries and complaints
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We aim to keep the personal information we hold about you up to date. Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be updated.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing and financial transactions will be handled through secure payment services
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. All the personal information you provide will be stored on a secure system. All electronic transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and Fair Farm Hideaway use TrustWave security.
Data transmission over the internet carries some security risks, so ultimately we are unable to guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. Any links to other sites or the content therein are not the responsibility of Fair Farm Hideaway and we are in no way responsible for the validity and accuracy of any of this content.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address.
Fair Farm Hideaway Limited.
26 Melton Road
Waltham on the Wolds
We may make a small charge for this service
Payment in full on booking. Cancellation up to 14 days to the start of the holiday - a fee of 50% of the balance of the payable charge will be incurred.
Cancellations less than 14 days before the start of the holiday - 100% of the total charges are forfeited. Please note, the booking fee does not include insurance cover for your stay. We recommend that you take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance to cover you in the event that you have to cancel or terminate your holiday unexpectedly.
The named person who made the booking shall remain solely responsible for any breakages or damages resulting from your stay and we expect that the shepherd hut and all fixtures/fittings and equipment provided are left in the same condition as found.
We reserve the right to issue an additional charge to the named person who made the booking, of up to £50.00 for shepherd huts left in a poor condition upon your departure. Please note that no equipment or fixtures should be moved from or between shepherd huts.
If, during your stay, any of the electrical appliances within your shepherd hut is faulty or appears damaged in any way, it is your responsibility to notify reception or the owner immediately. Contact details are provided in the shepherd huts or from reception upon your arrival. It is our intent that breakages will be dealt with as soon as practicably possible.
In the event of inappropriate use hot tubs which results in damage a charge of up to £50 may be levied. This payment will be the responsibility of the named person who made the booking. Instructions are provided for the correct and proper use of the hot tubs and these are available in the shepherd huts.
Fair Farm Hideaway cannot accept responsibility for any damage or reduced performance due to an act of ‘Force majeure’, such as through fire, flood, storm or other weather damage (including a period of electricity failure), storm, break-in or criminal damage or any similar event.
We reserve the right to amend these terms & conditions at any time. We also reserve the right to terminate your booking without refund of money if the behaviour of any guest is considered unacceptable.
H & S POLICY
You must follow the health and safety guidelines when operating the appliances and when using any equipment in the Shepherd huts. User manuals and guidelines will be made available as necessary.
During the period of your holiday you may park your car in the designated car park but do so at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for the loss of, or damage to your car or its contents.
Fair Farm Hideaway has a 10 mile per hour speed limit for the safety of all visitors. The access road is also used by farm vehicles so care must be taken at all times
A first aid kit and fire extinguisher is located in each Shepherd hut.
Each hut has a smoke alarm and carbon monoxide monitor. Although we have a fire extinguisher in each hut, in the unlikely event of a fire, please follow the evacuation procedure and make your way to the fire point at the recycling point.
The evacuation procedure can be found in all Shepherd huts as well as in the reception. On arrival please make yourself aware of this procedure and the fire assembly point.
Please keep all entrances and exits free from obstruction in case of an emergency.
Owners can be contacted by mobile phone, details of which can be provided in reception along with all other emergency details, like local Hospitals, Doctors, Vets, Fire, Police etc.
We are a non-smoking establishment.
If you commit a breach of our Health and Safety Guidelines, we will have the right to terminate your booking without notification, and if you are already on our premises, we may require you to vacate it immediately. In the event of you committing a breach of these Terms and Conditions no refund of the fees you have paid will be returnable to you. You will also be liable for any costs incurred.
We will only be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any member of your party or to your or their property, where such loss or damage is due to our negligence.
We expect all guests to be respectful of neighbours in nearby shepherd huts and noise must be kept to an absolute minimum following 11.00pm.
The lakes and hot tubs on site are unsupervised and are therefore used entirely at your own risk. Kiln dried logs, purchased on site must be used in the wood fired hot tubs and log burners at all time.
We are committed to protect the beautiful environment in which we live and encourage all visitors to subscribe to our policy by:-
- reducing waste wherever possible
- provide and encourage recycling onsite – bins are located on site and you are encouraged to separate all recyclable materials
- we use locally sourced materials wherever possible, with local craftsmen and businesses sourcing local produce wherever practicable
- we select sustainable products, including ‘weaver green’ rugs made from recycled plastic bottles
- we support local rural businesses, including ‘Copley sausages’ and Richard’s BBQ charcoal, sustainably produced using reclaimed wood from the ‘family farm’
- we use sheep’s wool insulation in each Shepherd hut to reduce energy consumption
- we have installed 100kW solar panels on the farm buildings which generate electricity for the site
- 2 person wood-fired hot tubs are available with Kerry Hill, Jacob and Lincoln Longwool and a 4 person wood-fired hot tub between Border Leicester and Badger Face Shepherd huts utilising a sustainable fuel source
- we have planted native trees and hedges to reduce impact on CO2 emissions and to encourage biodiversity
- we have harvested wild flower species from our own meadows and have incorporated this seed around the Shepherd huts
- we aim to comply with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and environmental regulations
- we provide appropriate storage of hazardous materials, preventing pollution
- wildlife is encouraged through the varied habitats created by substantial planting/landscaping to enhance local environmental quality and biodiversity
- we are planning to erect owl boxes and bird feeders around the site
- Respect nature: Help us look after our beautiful area, the landscape and wildlife by not littering, using footpaths, cycle routes and bridleways responsibly.
- Respect all visitors: To enable everyone to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the area.
- Follow the country code when out and about in our beautiful Leicestershire countryside http://www.countrysideaccess.gov.uk